Frequently asked questions
For automatic timestamps, the My WordProof portal needs to communicate with your website. Sometimes, this connection gets blocked. Here is what you can do:
CloudFlare (or similar services)
CloudFlare is known to block incoming connections. If your website uses CloudFlare (or a similar service), you must whitelist the WordProof IP address.
- Log in to your CloudFlare account
- Click on the Firewall Icon and then on Tools
- Enter 22.214.171.124 and click Whitelist
It will take a few minutes for the changes to take affect.
- Install the WordProof Timestamp for WordPress plugin
- Launch the Setup Wizard and choose the Automatic mode
- Follow the steps that lead you to https://my.wordproof.io/signup
- Choose a plan
- Enter your website URL, name, email and password
- After creating your account, copy the Site Access Key and paste it into the Setup Wizard (on your WordPress-website)
WordProof Timestamp is now activated for your website. New content will be timestamped automatically, as well as updates to existing content. You can also use the Timestamp button on the post and page overviews, in the newly added column.